Home to School Transport Guidance

Please note that this page is guidance for the current acedemic year only (2016/17) and may change for the 2017/18 year.

This page will be updated when KCC releases their guidance for 2017/18.

For further information on this topic please read this web page in conjunction with the KCC website www.kent.gov.uk/post16travel

Kent 16+ Travel Card 2016-17

Applications for the Kent 16+ Travel Card must be made online direct to Kent County Council or the application form can be downloaded and posted direct to KCC (see details below).

Apply before 15 July 2016 to ensure your pass is ready for the start of term in September.

If you apply after 15 July 2016 KCC will process your application within 28 working days.

A card for the full academic year costs £400. Do not send payment to Kent County Council, payments must be made via ParentPay through the school. Ideally the payment should be paid in full, alternatively there is the ability to pay three instalments, however the payments must be fully paid in order to receive the travel card in September. (Dover Grammar School for Boys and Kent County Council do not accept responsibility for the cost of travel should the card not be available).

Students who were eligible for Free School Meals in Year 11, and whose circumstances have not changed, are eligible for assistance from the Bursary Grant which will subsidise the cost of the travel pass to £200.

If you believe you are eligible for assistance please refer to the 16-19 Bursary Fund Policy on our website. The 16-19 Bursary Grant Application Form must be completed and returned with evidence of your household income eg notice of benefit received from the Department of Work and Pensions.

Apply online

Before you apply you will need:

  • a passport style photo in JPEG format and no more than 40k in size.
  • the name of your school, college or learning provider


Apply by post

Print and complete the 16+ Travel Card application form (PDF, 1.3 MB) available HERE

Before you apply you will need:

  • a passport style photograph
  • the name of your school, college or learning provider.

Return by post to:

Kent 16+ Travel Card,
Public Transport,
Kent County Council,
PO Box 441,
ME6 9HJ.

More Information

If you would like more information please:

download the 16+ Travel Card Guide available HERE

download the 16+ Travel Card Leaflet available HERE

download the 16-19 Transport Policy for KCC available HERE

Young Person's Travel Pass

Print and complete the Young Person's Travel Pass application form (PDF, 500KB) available HERE


We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of this site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

  I accept cookies from this site.
EU Cookie Directive Module Information