Expectations of Pupils
The school has high expectations of all its students and has a simple yet effective code of conduct.
Code of Conduct
Do your best in lessons and treat others with respect. Be proud of your school, wear your uniform with pride and remember you represent DGSB on the way to and from the school.
- Have excellent attendance and be punctual at all times.
- Show respect to others in your words and actions.
- Move around the school site safely and sensibly.
- Always wear the correct school uniform.
- Take pride in our environment and treat school and other people‘s property with respect.
Staff at DGSB believe that students respond positively to praise and they are keen to reward students wherever possible. A range of awards are given to students for either good work or their positive contribution to life in school.
Ethos for Learning
The vast majority of our pupils are hard working and well behaved at all times. Occasionally boys do misbehave and the school has an effective behaviour policy that allows for appropriate sanctions to be given to ensure that there is a safe and studious atmosphere in school.