What we have to offer
The Sixth Form is the culmination of a student’s life in a secondary school and an opportunity to develop the qualities of personal integrity, consideration, awareness of the wider community and individual effectiveness. Academically, we seek to foster independent learning, self-reliance and teamwork. Most of our students will go on to university, and the aim is to prepare them for that next step in their education through encouraging them to take responsibility for their own learning and building confidence in managing their own lives.
Here is what you can expect from us:
- a wide range of A-Level subjects arranged in combinations to suit the needs of students;
- an IB programme, for those who want to retain a broader academic base;
- excellent, highly-qualified specialist teachers who have helped many previous Sixth Formers to obtain good results;
- a specially-designed programme – HEdSTART – dedicated to helping students develop the necessary skills for Higher Education;
- full advice and guidance on Careers and Higher Education in Year 12 followed by expert assistance in presenting your UCAS application in Year 13;
- supervised Private Study as part of your timetable;
- opportunity for private study and research using the well-resourced School Library;
- enrichment by involvement in the larger life of the school (including music, drama, and sport) or by participation in activities within the local community, such as working with charities or with Primary Schools;
- the right to stand for elected office within the Sixth Form Students’ Association;
- leadership challenges such as serving as a School Prefect, mentoring younger students, or taking part in a Young Enterprise project;
- above all, intellectual stimulation and personal growth in a challenging and congenial environment.
Next: Entry to the Sixth Form